To the girl who's afraid to love...........

 Along with stars shining like the moon,

there was a girl whom I didn't knew.

Confidence to talk to her I never had,

but her poetry had to be read.

The beauty in her soul was worth the try,

so I mustered the courage to not be shy.

As we talked, it didn't feel new,

the feelings we had seemed to be true.

As we got closer, she opened up more,

and I saw the scars love had left before.

I wanted to show her that love could be kind,

and heal the wounds left behind.

But how could I?

I was the  new lover, she had just been through a bummer.

I didn't wanted to be a rebound case,

cause love leaves its trace.

With patience, I waited as long as I could,

if not me, who would tell her how beautiful her eyes looked?

Soon the walls started to shred,

the poetry in her heart was read.

Confessing my feelings while she played with my hair,

I promised to always be there.

She smiled, and I knew it was right,

our love was a shining beacon in the night.

For the girl who's afraid to love,

there's a world of beauty waiting to be discovered.

Don't lose hope in love so soon,

someone will see you,

Along with stars shining like the moon.


-LD


Comments

  1. Teach me to rhyme this poetically πŸ™‡πŸ»‍♀️πŸ™‡πŸ»‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never disappoint with ur words!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bss 100 drafts ki Meherbani πŸ™‡. Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Wowwwww.... How do u do this everytime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This thing. This belief in love makes me do all this! Thank You!

      Delete
  4. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wow. I wish you weave me in your poetry soemday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts