I feel like a fraud

I feel like a fraud,
They see me as a writer, applaud,
But deep inside, I know the truth,
Without her, my words are uncouth.

How do I tell them I'm empty inside?
That my pen lies still, my voice denied?
Her memories were the ink within my pen,
She was the answer to my prayers, amen.

Who am I without my art?
She's the reason I follow my heart.
She believed in my craft, my creative soul,
Without her, I'm lost, struggling to feel whole


As time went by, our hearts grew colder,
Our ego didn't even let us have a closure
Seeing us like this, love's flame surrendered,
All the promises were shut of being forever

Left with broken hearts, we walked separate paths,
Leaving me to wonder, who am I without my art?

-LD

Comments

  1. This 🤌🏻🤌🏻 makes me wonder my beliefs in all sort of ways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope in the right ways!! Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts