I Lose

 They said, "You lose."

I smiled and said,
"Who said I always hoped to win?"
I lost the first time I saw her,
I lost in her eyes,
I lost the world 'cause I was building our own,
I lost everything in pursuit of the unknown.

But guess what?
If being lost takes you to a place
where you wish every moment to be eternal,
where destiny conspires solely for us,
where the universe revolves around our love,
where being in love is just a metaphor for being alive,
where even if you are dead, your love survives,
where solitude doesn't exist,
where you have everything you ever wished,
where love finds its way within our souls,
where the world fades away and it's just us,
then I am ready to be lost forever,
for in that lostness, I have found my truest self.
I still chant your name in every breath.

And when someone asks me,
"What was your biggest win?"
"Losing was my biggest victory," I say.

-LD

Comments

  1. When am I getting a copy of your writings in a book?? Looking forward to own n read them everyday 🙇🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DM me. I have so much to say to you, whoever you are!!! Thank you!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts