I'm not a poet

I'm not a poet

A lot of girls came and went by,
After you were gone.
I'm not saying they weren't as precious as you were,
But somehow, they never felt like home.

There's something about you that tells me to hang on,
Just tell me the truth, have you moved on?
Being in love was just a phrase until I met you,
How could I just forget you?

Remember the nights you told me,
"Laksh, be a writer," you were the one to mold me.
If perfection exists, it has to be you,
You should see yourself the way I see you.

I'm not a poet, nor a writer,
Just an admirer of you,
Always thinking about how I could write about you.

I still don't know the AA BB of poetry, like they say,
But I do know it's somehow connected with you being away.

Distance and time pulled us apart,
Yet I still miss you somewhere in my heart.
Maybe the expiry of our love was due,
And even being an expiry, I consume you.

Now you are nowhere to be found,
I still try to find you around.
It was me who pushed you away,
It wasn't my ego; just self-respect came in the way.

But today, I came across something,
A text by you which once said, "I did love you, but you weren't ready for something."
How stupid was I? Couldn't see it at first.
Now I know it's too late; you have disappeared.

Come back if you can,
Wasn't it June when it all began?
All those sleepless nights,
There was something about us that felt right.

Others were like stars in the vast sky,
But you, oh, you, my love, were the moon who gave me the reason to fly.

I'm not a poet, nor a writer,
Just an admirer of you,
Always thinking about how I could write about you.
                                                                                                                                                                -LD

Comments

Popular Posts