Seeking the Stars

 The other day I was trying to write and just couldn't . They say it's writers block, but I wasn't a writer writer. I was just feeling a little lonely. So I packed up my stuff and went to a poetry event. There were many performances, but this one performance stuck with me. As the show came to an end. I approached the writer and told him how magnificent it was. 

 I asked him, "How do you write something like this?"

"It's the pain that makes me write," he replied.

"So you are lonely?" I asked again.

"No, I am not. But if being lonely is like the moon, then for sure I am. I have my stars, my words that could be arranged by me however I want, which makes this sky beautiful."

"What about the days when clouds cover you up and the stars aren't visible anymore in the city lights? What about the days when all you see up in the sky is nothing?" I inquired.

With a high pitch, he answered, "The clouds just cover me up. You might not see me, but the light is always there, my poetry is always there. The city lights might blur the stars, but it won't be able to dull them because they're not just stars anymore; they're my words, my feelings, which are yet to be arranged, which are meant to be seen by only those who are really seeking them. And when you look up at the sky and see nothing else but the sky, it's a message for you to be the moon. Be the light in the dark. Arrange your stars in the way you want them to be. Tell your own story. It might get lonely at times, but remember the sun is always there, the pain, the love, the fear, the light. It will always give you the light you need. It will set somewhere else so that you can shine bright here. Be the light. But remember, when people find their sun, their stars, don't forget to let them shine and you disappear somewhere in the clouds. Because even when you are gone, your light will be there. Your stars will always be there. Your story will always be there."

-LD

Comments

Popular Posts