The tale is yet to be told

Remember how I couldn't say, "I love you,"
So you just said it for me, out of the blue.
How I was afraid to embrace love's call,
But you made it feel right, breaking down the wall.

It was never my plan to be entwined,
Yet here I am, with love in my mind.

With all the silly things you did,
I felt like it was destiny's well-laid bid.
With each moment we shared, filled with fun,
I dared to hope you were the chosen one.

Together, we wrote stories, our love's poem,
In each other we found our home.

And here we are, with love in our hearts,
But somehow, we're distant and torn apart.

We had our story, yet it feels incomplete,
Will we ever randomly meet, to make it replete?

We left without even saying goodbye,
Perhaps we knew if we did, we would die.

We weren't Romeo and Juliet nor Laila and Majnu,
But we were two souls who fell in love, it's true.

Our love was real, it was pure with you,
But the timing wasn't aligned, what could we do?

So we hold on to the memories we shared,
Knowing deep inside that our souls still cared.

Though the story may seem incomplete,
But will love ever accept defeat?

For perhaps one day, in a twist of fate,
Our paths may cross again, it's never too late.

And when that moment comes, we will be there,
Together, united under the witness of the flame we will swear.

We'll write the final chapter, complete our tale,
Love's flame will burn bright again, without any fail.

For sometimes, the most beautiful love stories unfold,
When the right time arrives, the tale will be told.

-LD

Comments

Popular Posts